My Recollections and Reminiscences

Discussion in 'Books and Films' started by liverpool annie, Jun 10, 2009.

1. liverpool annie

liverpool annie New Member

A book about the 1906-7 Springbok tour .... I believe a collectors item these days - wish I had one !! :rolleyes:

Millar W.A. ( Billy ) MY RECOLLECTIONS AND REMINISCENCES. Cape Town: Juta & Co., [1926]. xviii, 106 p. [12] leaves of plates: ill., ports. (1 as frontis). Original dark green cloth, slightly worn on edges of spine and corners. Light foxing to free endpapers. A tightly bound copy. Signature in pencil on front free endpaper. R5000

Millar enjoys a special place in S.A. rugby history. Initially not selected for the 1906 tour, he was included at the last moment due to an injury to another player. He captained the 1912 Springboks on the second tour to Europe and was the first man to take a Springbok head on tour with the team! An outstanding boxer and walker, he did not allow a Boer War wound deter him from playing sport. Millar’s book provides unbiased commentary on many of the games of the 1906/12 tours. Despite being more severely wounded in WW1, he continued to serve rugby in SA in his later years.

2. Dolphin

Dolphin New Member

If only it was one of those out of print volumes available online!

Sigh

Gareth