Most decorated soldier

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by John, May 2, 2012.

1. John

John Active Member

Who was the most decorated soldier in WW2 ??

:peep: John

2. Sarge

Sarge New Member

Interesting topic. As in decorated, do you mean as in military decorations or public recognition? Allied or Axis?

3. John

John Active Member

Military decoration for Allied soldiers would be good. Was Audie Murphy the most decorated US soldier ??
    John

4. Sarge

Sarge New Member

5. sniper

sniper Active Member

Another thing you have to think about, do you also consider high ranking officers who used to collected the tops of Kellogs cornflakes to get their medals. The likes of Prince Phillip who saw active service in the Navy during WW2, Prince Andrew who i admire greatly for the work he did during the Falklands war and Prince Harry who is an officer i would follow to hell and back are exceptions to this. You only have to look at Prince Charles who has a chest of medals for doing next to nothing except maybe good conduct and long service to the scouts. Thats my rant of the day. Are you looking at medals for heroism or just for those who collected medals by performing in a lot of theatres of war?

Sniper

6. John

John Active Member

I am thinking more along the line of soldier who has shown great acts of bravery. No I am not interested in high ranking officers unless they have really earnt their medals
    John