Mayday: Tugs of War

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by Kyt, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

http://www.maydaytugsofwar.com/trailers/

2. Hugh

Hugh New Member

They too were heroes!

Kyt,

Thanks for posting this link. I enjoyed watching the two trailers.
    Forgotten about for years, yet where would we be without the bravery of these people. Many a serviceman and seaman would have been glad to see these men.

"They too were heroes!"

Regards
    Hugh

3. Hugh

Hugh New Member

I have been in touch with the producer of this film and he has told me that it will be screened as part of the International Film Festival of England 2008. The film will be shown first in Tamworth and Hull. The Tamworth showing will be held on Thursday June 12th at 3pm at the Ramada Hotel. Hull dates are still to be decided but the location will most likely be the Municipal Cinema.

Whether the film is taken by the TV networks is not clear at this stage but there will be a DVD made available for sale online. The producer and the DSRTA hope to get a full UK tour on the road. If anyone requires any further information give us a shout.

Regards
    Hugh

4. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Excellent. Thank you for the update Hugh. I shall certainly be keeping an eye out for the DVD now

5. 51highland

51highland Member

Brilliant link thanks for that, very enjoyable clips too.

6. spidge

spidge Active Member

There are many building blocks or links to a chain in winning a war. These are the people who, among many others did not receive the kudos that they so rightly deserved because they may not have done it with a gun in their hand.

Their heroic actions and deaths were just as important as those who carried a rifle on to a beach on D-Day.

7. Hugh

Hugh New Member

Hear hear! I couldn't agree with you more.

Regards

8. Hugh

Hugh New Member

UK Schedule - Mayday Tugs of War - Deep Sea Rescue Tugs

I have just received the UK schedule for the screeings of Mayday Tugs of War beginning Friday 6 June in Swansea. The schedule is here: Mayday Tugs of War

Regards
    Hugh

9. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Thanks Hugh. Unfortunately in my neck of the woods but I hope it comes out on DVD at some stage

10. Hugh

Hugh New Member

Hi Kyt,
    Unfortunately there appears to be nothing for Scotland either but the DVD can be purchased for around about £15 at this link here: Mayday Tugs of War

I have just ordered it up and the total cost including p+p is about £18 at todays exchange rate.

I will review it for you when it comes before you jump in if you like.

Regards
    Hugh

11. Hugh

Hugh New Member

Mayday Tugs of War

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this.
    I received my DVD last weekend but due to one thing or another never managed to watch it properly till now.

It is an excellent DVD filmed in high definition video. The DVD is 103 minutes long and follows a documentary structure with interviews with the tugmen and follows their experiences through to D Day.

The DVD also covers other units in WWII like the 82nd Airbourne, Combat Gliders, US Army Air Force and more. The invasion of Normandy is covered including the Mulberry Harbours and Block Ships. There is some rare footage that I, at least, have not seen before.

There is also a bonus DVD lasting 106 minutes..

Well worth watching.

Regards
    Hugh