introduction of new member

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by bryn, Jun 14, 2013.

1. bryn

bryn New Member

hi there everyone

im new to the whole forum world so i will appolagise in advance for any errors i may make in the following post.

errm a little about me im currently undertaking some family history research and am in need of a little help to with the identification and tracing of a world war one medal lapel i have. i recieved some of my great grandfarthers belongings from my grandmother recently and have been conducting research into his military past, i can explain later if anyone is intrested, however he was to young to have served in the first world war and his farther was to old so i am at a loss as too how he may have come to own this lapel??

any advice or knowlage would be greatly appreciated i have uploaded some photos to help.

thanks in advance

Bryn Turner

photo medals.JPG photo medals 1.JPG

2. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Administrator Moderator

Welcome Bryn. I don't know off the top of my head about those items, but you might get better results if you post in the WW1 section and use a descriptive title to catch attention.

3. bryn

bryn New Member

Thanks peter i shall do that shortly thank you for replying :)

4. Interrogator#6

Interrogator#6 Active Member

Please accept my heart-felt greeting, Bryn. Let us hope you chose to become an active member.

May I speculate. I think the rainbow coloured ribbon is the "campaign ribbon given to all who served in any capacity in the Great War. The other, I am guessing, in a National Guard "ribbon" awarded to persons who served in a unit listed as a State Militia connected. Since age requirements were more flexible in some States, your younger relative may have been legitimately awarded he joined even a month before armistice.

And could he have served in Siberia (1918-20) with the AEF? I know some 17-y-o. were permitted there.