Identidy Cards

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by Keith, May 12, 2009.

1. Keith

Keith New Member

Hi Friends,
    How many of you are old enough to have had an Identidy Card during the last war.
    Then again how many of you are still able to remember the Identification number which had to be included with various documents.
    This number was then used as the first National Health number.
    Mine is still as clear as bell in my head together with the many other Identidy Numbers foisted on us by the military and various government departments.
    What I try to forget or confuse dislexically is my age, unfortunately I never do!.
    :eyebrows:
    Cheers
    Keith.
    ps. this trend I have for remembering numbers comes in very handy when using passwords on the net.

2. Wise1

Wise1 Getting Wiser!

I left the army 15 years ago and in that time since passed the only one I remember is my number the Army were very good enough to stamp me with :)

25015604 just in case you tried to test me.

Strangely I am hopeless with any other number, even my NI which has been with me much longer.

3. Keith

Keith New Member

Identidy Numbers

Hi Lee,
    You're quick off the mark, I had three military numbers, General Service, National Service, and Commisioned which is the one I use for the Forum, together with an alphabetical prefix.
    I can see by your number that I'm a little older than you, Ah. well.
    Cheers
    Keith

4. Wise1

Wise1 Getting Wiser!

Just a bit older ;)

5. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

Still got my card and have its number etched in my memory along with my National Insurance number and Mum's Co-op number.

Is it an age thing? I remember our car registration numbers, old telephone numbers (not newer numbers currently stored in either mobile or phone memory), credit card numbers etc. but am stretched to remember what I read last night before I fell asleep!!!!

6. Keith

Keith New Member

Identidy Numbers

Hi Nana,
    You've just hit a sore spot for me, I can never remember car numbers, including my own, no matter how hard I try.
    My Great Grandmothers Co-op number when I ran messages for her, age 11, was 2904 in the Ashington Co-op.
    Cheers
    Keith

7. Canberra Man

Canberra Man New Member

Hi.
    My identity card number was TKAW2913. My fathers army number was 13115021. my army nuber was 22084706 and my RAF number was 4069588. My ident card N0 dates back to 1939.

Ken

8. Ken Garner

Ken Garner New Member

9. Bala

Bala New Member

Can anyone tell me where I can find a list of Identity card place codes as used in Home guard numbers
    This for example is an officers number DDVT/333/1 who lived in Colchester, Essex
    Trying to find out the area which begins with code letter XP