Headstone Photo Please BATH (HAYCOMBE) CEMETERY

Discussion in 'Memorials & Cemeteries' started by tazzynz, Apr 24, 2010.

1. tazzynz

tazzynz New Member

Gidday : i am new to this forum but i am awed by the amount of information and the amount of ppl that share the same interest. I am in New Zealand and i have tracked down the resting place of my Great Uncle who was killed in a Tempest crash December 1944 in Cornwall England. If there is anyone who could possibly take a Photo of his resting place for me i would be most gratefull. The position of his resting place is as follows :

Plot 51. Sec. H. Row V. Grave 236. BATH (HAYCOMBE) CEMETERY
    MacDONALD, NEIL EVAN MCLEOD
    New Zealand
    Warrant Officer (Pilot)
    Royal New Zealand Air Force.

Once again thank you for your help.

2. Kitty

Kitty New Member

I'll kick sniper and see if he has this one on his discs. Will get back to you. :>

3. sniper

sniper Active Member

Hi Tazz,
    Welcome to the forum. I do have some photos from this cemetery and will have a look on the cd for you this weekend. If i don't have it i maybe able to get one of my volunteers to finish off the cemtery and therefore getting your great uncle's photo for you.

Sniper

4. tazzynz

tazzynz New Member

Hey sniper: Thanks for the offer of getting photos for me. I actually managed to get some photos taken by a person who works in the Cemetary , they kindly went and took them for me and e-mailed them. If you need 1 to complete a project or anything id be happy to e-mail it to you.

5. sniper

sniper Active Member

Hi Tazz,

Thanks for the offer of photos of any war graves. There are probably quite a few in your area and as i collect photos of miltary headstones for the Commonwealth Memorial Project i would be gald of any you can get for me. If you let me know which area you would be able to cover i can let you know whatis near to you and you can pick which ones you can get for me. Every photo i get will be available FREE of charge to anyone who would like a copy, unlike most projects of the same which charge anything from a few quid up to nearly £25 a photo. So far i have managed to help over 300 people in their research of lost family members that have died in service of their country so its a worthwhile project and every photo i get i maybe able to help another person so the more i have the more chance i have that i will be able to help someone.

Sniper