Greetings from Gloucestershire, UK

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Gloucestershire Yeomanry, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Gloucestershire Yeomanry

Gloucestershire Yeomanry RGH Historical Research Committee

Just signed up to this forum to share, exchange and assist with all things to do with the history of The Royal Gloucestershire Hussars/Yeomanry.
    My own particular area of interest is that of 1/1 RGH Yeomanry 1915-19 but, as a member of the RGH Regimental Historical Research Committee, I'm more than happy to chat about;
    C1800s, (Gloucestershire Yeomanry), 1900-01 Anglo-Boer War (RGH Imperial Yeomanry), 1914-18 WW1 (RGHY), 1920-30s (RGH Armoured Car Co. RAC), 1938-46 WW2 (1st, 2nd, 3rd RGH), 1950-60s (RGH) or even my own era, 1972-today (RGH Squadrons of the Royal Wessex Yeomanry).
    I hope to make contact with those of you who have, or are the descendants of those who have, served within the Regiment, to further our knowledge and yours. To share their experiences and to never forget.
    I look forward to hearing from you,
    Larry

2. Akolt

Akolt Member

Hello and welcome to Militarian forum!

3. Steed

Steed Member

Hi there Larry, and welcome to the Forum
    Beautiful county Gloucestershire, I should know as I'm from there too!
    I'm afraid I can't help you with your question, but there's a very active local forum at www.nailsworth.com based in the Five Valleys. You could try them there too.
    And of course I'll ask around for you.
    Happy hunting!

4. Diptangshu

Diptangshu Active Member

Hi Larry

Most welcome here in this forum.

May I ask if you have any information regarding Capt.James Edward Corbett (during ww1 in France or of ww2 ,when he was a trainer of jungle-warfare at Burma).

I hope your valuable writings(specially upon ww2) here in this forum in future,enable us to enrich more.

5. Diptangshu

Diptangshu Active Member

Hi Steed ,

I'm thankful to thee, because its only for you I able to go through Nailsworth time line .........ama....zing..

Though unable to complete this right now,I must return.

Once again thanx.....

6. Akolt

Akolt Member

Hello and welcome to Militarian forum. I hope you enjoy your stay

7. JonC

JonC New Member

Hi, just joined the forum, I am currently trying to find out about my Great Grandfather who apparantly served with the Royal Gloucestershire Hussars during ww1, I am still trying to validate that for sure but he joined up during 1915 and was fighting the Turks during 1917-18. I was wondering if anyone has any info on how long it generally took to train a cavalry soldier during the war, so how long from signup to going to the front in Egypt and Palestine. His name was William John Butler, born 1883 and ended the war as a sergeant. Hello to all and thanks for any help. Jon