Final Communication Between Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan?

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by GearZ, Nov 3, 2014.

1. GearZ

GearZ Member

Hello all. I am wondering about the last communications that occurred between Germany and Japan in the last hours of the Third Reich. What material did it consist of (diplomatic, military, technical, et al.)? Who sent it and by what means? Are there any details in an article, book or magazine?

Thanks!

2. Interrogator#6

Interrogator#6 Active Member

There exists an archive of materials which is virtually untapped as far as I know. Some 30 years ago a professor I knew told me of his visit to exactly this archieve, the MAGIC intercepts of messages between the collapsing Nazi regime and Japan. He had had one afternoon to casually the mass of messages, uncatalogued and somewhat chronological.

His commentary was he tought the Japanese were very interested in recieving as many of the newest types of U-boats as Germany could dispatch to the long journey to Japan.

Where this archieve is, I do not recall.

I do know the Germans had U-234 enroute to Japan when word of Germany's surrender came. There were two Japanese officers aboard. rather than surrender or be captured they commited their final duty. Also on board were technical materials, a crated Me-262, and U-235 (Atomic bomb raw material).