Don't buy "Lucky Heather" from Morse!!!

Discussion in 'Barracks' started by CTNana, Jul 20, 2008.

1. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

Hi Everyone
    Some of you may remember Morse offering some lucky white heather after our recent car crashes (the first of which is still not resolved).

Since then the windscreen has had to be replaced,

The hood got stuck neither up nor down when terrential rain was forecast and we had just filled the garage with packing boxes,

The insurance company grudgingly agreed for independent assessors to determine whether this was caused by the accident so we have not had the car for over a fortnight,

I was affected by the microsoft update download which corrupted my system and has taken two weeks of phone calls and a new motherboard to rectify

Apart from that it is going to take me ages to try to catch up on all that I have missed but it is good to be back online, albeit that we cannot have broadband, sky and our phones all working at the same time (my master's asleep so I switched the cricket off)!

p.s. give the heather a miss!!!!

2. spidge

spidge Active Member

What an absolute mess.

Glad some things are going right.

Positive, positive, positive.

Cheers

Geoff

3. Hugh

Hugh New Member

Sorry to hear of your pretty awful luck, Nana.

The Microsoft update should only have affected Zone Alarm firewall users. The solution was to delete the offending patch and download the Zone Alarm fix.

I was affected myself but thankfully knew what had happened and sorted it. If we are talking about the same problem, it should not have affected your motherboard - you sure are very unlucky.

I suspect poor old Morse won't be able to offload anymore "lucky" white heather. :)

Regards

4. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

This is the 21st century?

Hope you're taking it with a grin, CT.

5. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Insurance companies :frusty:

Microsoft :frusty::frusty:

Lucky Heather from Morse :Booty:

6. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

Hugh if only I'd known! I can't tell you how many hours I've spent on the phone going through the same drill, time after time, with people from all around the world. I have dragged my computer halfway round the house and back again, given my life history a zillion times and rebooted more times than the considerable number of shoes in my wardrobe! The motherboard? co-incidence maybe, when the system finally ground to a halt I got the CPU error message - I needed a new router too.

On the positive side I can now use the phone with the internet and it is gradually picking up speed. Only Sky to go - no urgency on my part while there is cricket AND golf on (to which he is normally glued!!!).

7. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Oh dear nana, sounds like you've had worse puter problems than me.

8. Pathfinder

Pathfinder Guest

Glad everything's being sorted out Nana :)