Do you think North Korea would ever attack a country?

Discussion in 'Other Conflicts' started by Riggy, Sep 12, 2014.

?

Would North Korea ever attack a country (even small)?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
  1. Riggy

Riggy Member

Even though it's highly unlikely, do you think it could happen? Even just a small country? They've been threatening the US and other countries several times but it's pretty obvious they aren't going to attack a country and army that would utterly destroy them. Is there anyone who thinks they may actually attack someone for whatever reason?

2. GearZ

GearZ Member

Its hard to say. They are unstable politically, have no real way of economically expanding, and is presently headed by a young and inexperienced leader. I wouldn't rule out an invasion of the south from the north. Candidly, they won't win, but the destruction would be of Biblical proportions.

3. Riggy

Riggy Member

I can only imagine the damage caused to both (mainly the North) if something like this were to happen. If I remember, I believe reading somewhere that the US or Germany has South Korea's back if something like this were to happen. Personally, I don't think North Korea would attack the South.

4. aghart

aghart Former Tank Commander Moderator

The only country I could see North Korea attacking is South Korea. They are not going to attack China and although they have a large and powerful army, that army would have to be transported by sea to attack anyone else and that together with a not very powerful navy is a major weakness. They are developing long range missiles but I suspect that the North Korean military leadership is not totally brainwashed and would stop their leader if he decided to start WWIII.

5. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Member

No, I don't think North Korea will attack another country, at least in the foreseeable future. I mostly think that is a rogue nation ran by loony despots, but I don't see them as having the guts to go through with a serious attack. They are just full of bluster to gain attention. We could wipe them off the face of the planet if they get out of line. They know this, which is why they haven't really done anything drastic lately.

6. Riggy

Riggy Member

Yes, but there is nothing that any nation can do against North Korea either in order to stop what it is doing from within (human torture and lack of human rights etc) because everyone knows China and probably Russia will defend them.