10 otu orb

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by smoriarty, Apr 13, 2011.

1. smoriarty

smoriarty New Member

I am interested to know if anyone has the 10 OTU ORB (Abingdon) for any dates preceding and on 26/27th June 1942 the night of the third thousand bomber raid over Bremen. I am unclear if this was his first and only flight. My father W/O JG Moriarty was the navigator on a Whitley V Code ZG-L Serial BD201, shot down returning over Holland. He was then captured and a POW in L6, L3/ 357. I am also trying to find a group photograph taken I believe at Abingdon of those he was training with, sadly lost. Any information gratefully received.

2. Kitty

Kitty New Member

welcome to the forum Moriarty. I must admit I did wonder what RAF Abingdon/Dalton Barracks role was but not yet had chance to research it.

I'm assuming you have already done some research with the Oxford record office and local historical groups and libraries in the area. Any chance you have one of the Airfields of Oxfordshire books? They always have a lot of information, and a good list of sources and groups in the back.

Beyond that then I am afraid to access the ORB you will need to do a train trip to the Kew record office.

As to a group photo then I would suggest starting with a letter in the local Herald and Oxford Times papers then see where you go from there.